At Superior Farms’ Pro-D Day Farm Camp, campers aged 6–12 will delve into farm life as it changes throughout the year through hands-on experiences with the farm animals, exploring the nature around the farm, and engaging in fun, themed crafts and activities. Together we’ll learn about the animals and animal care, play games, build seasonal crafts (and maybe even forts), and explore all there is to discover at Superior Farms.
- Program space is limited to 18 participants, aged 6-12.
- Programs are full days (9:00am-3:00pm, with drop-off beginning at 8:30; extended care is available until 4:30pm)
- Extended care is supervision only where children may spend time with the animals, work on their crafts, play games, or play on our sports court, based on the interest of the group.
- Register for single days or multiple days; activities and crafts will shift throughout the season and between days, with the exception of daily animal care, so that returning participants can expect something new each day.
- Participants are expected to bring their own waste-free, nut-free lunch and snacks.
- Programs run rain or shine and participants should come prepared for all types of possible weather conditions.
Dates, Times, & Themes
Dates & Themes
As a farm-based camp, all of our camp sessions will get a behind-the-scenes tour of the farm and focus on animal care and connections. All participants can expect to spend a minimum of 1.5 hours interacting with and learning about the animals each day. Note: The below description is meant as a general overview of what to expect; activities and craft projects are subject to change.
- Friday, October 22, 2021 – Harvesting & Season Extension: Participants will spend time with the animals, help plant garlic, and participate in harvest-themed activities, like fall planting and pumpkin crafts.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 – Harvesting & Season Extension: Participants will spend time with the animals, assist with stewardship activities, like planting a bee-friendly garden, and participate in winter garden-themed activities, like sprouting seeds and making a herb planter.
- Monday, February 7, 2022 (TBC) – Midwinter Discovery
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022 (TBC) – Midwinter Discovery
- Monday, April 18, 2022 – Spring Discovery: Eggs & Chicks: With the spring comes new babies. Participants will learn about baby animal care, incubating chicks, will learn about migratory birds and make bird feeders, make spring wreaths, and, weather permitting, may go on a hunt for Easter eggs.
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 – Spring Discovery: May Celebrations – Celebrating all things spring, campers will spend time with the animals, plant in the garden and bring their own seed starts home, learn about greenhouses and garden planning. We will make seed balls and, weather permitting, we will plant native plants (and remove invasive species) to support native animals, plants and pollinators.
- Friday, May 6, 2022 – Spring Discovery: Birds & Pollinators – Participants will spend time with the animals, discover flowers and other plants growing around the farm, learn about eating with the seasons, and make a spring planter. We will investigate the changes that spring brings to the farm and will look for signs of spring round the farm. We may spend time working on our pollinator garden to support our honeybee colonies and local pollinators
- Thursday, June 30, 2022 (TBC) – Early Summer Discovery
- Drop off is from 8:30-9:00am, pick up is at 3:00pm (extended care is available until 4:30). Note: the main program will run from 9:00am-3:00pm. Extended care is supervision only where children may spend time with the animals, work on their crafts, play games, or play on our sports court, based on the interest of the group.
- $75/day + gst (multi-day and multi-sibling discounts available – please inquire)
- Add $10/day + gst for extended care
No refunds will be issued if a reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the camp start date. Otherwise, camp fees are refundable, less a $15 administration fee.
Refunds will not be issued for missed camp days due to inclement weather or illness.
Programs run rain or shine and participants should come prepared for all types of possible weather conditions.
Requests for cancellations or refunds must be made in writing and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call (250) 390-2435.